Michael Jackson: The Fro Years

posted on June 26th 2009 in Fro Related & History & Music with 15 Comments

Michael Jackson - The Fro Years, afro images

I thought it fitting that we here at Frolab spray some sheen on the “pre-Jheri era” and honor the years that young Michael Jackson rocked that amazing afro.

Michael Jackson - The Fro Years, afro images

He had such a pure smile and listening to his voice over the last day reminds us that they’ll never be another! We’ve missed this version of Mike for a long time, but now, he’s really really gone but never eva forgotten. MJ’s music lives on fro evah.

Frolab presents “The Fro Years” – a desktop wallpaper of young Michael Jackson images highlighting his iconic afro.

(click for larger image)

We Miss You Mike!!

afronista. frolaborator. creative do-er. void filler.

currently there's 15 comment(s)

• Pancakes!

commented on June 26, 2009 at 12:06 pm

I love it! The whole lay out and everything!
    I was using a Billie Jean image for my wallpaper/screen saver but now I’ll switch it to these. PERFECT THANKS!
    I KNOW I’ll never get tired of tributing/remembering and celebrating Michael and what he has done for all of us!

• jelizen

commented on June 26, 2009 at 12:44 pm

thx Pancakes! we’ll never get enough of Michael!

• Tymesia

commented on June 26, 2009 at 5:27 pm

It is tragic that such an epic pop star has died way before his time. I guess life’s struggles are tough for those who carry so much on the weight of his shoulders that he neglected his own health. I am sadden about the circumstances however I will always remember the great things that he was able to accomplish in his short life. His music meant so much to me and some of his songs got me through some of my own tough times as well as joyous.

• jcrillz

commented on June 26, 2009 at 8:44 pm

This is dope. Thanks for doing this.

• Superbizzee

commented on June 29, 2009 at 2:23 am

Thanx for this, man!

• Lavida

commented on June 30, 2009 at 12:58 pm

LOVE this. I had to link a few friends to this page.

• Iesha

commented on July 3, 2009 at 10:42 am

Love this! Thank you so much!

• Mimi Sunshine

commented on July 20, 2009 at 6:00 pm

This is that hotness! Thanks! Where is that picture from where he has on the hat and shades? He looked kinda grown and dare I say sexy. Maybe it’s because he reminds me of Andre 3000 in that pic! Never seen that one before!

• e

commented on July 29, 2009 at 6:27 pm

mercii beaucoup yoo

• david perez

commented on August 29, 2009 at 6:18 am

Feliz kumpleaños SR. rey de reyes aki en este planeta, unico en el mundo, unico en esta historia, fuiste invulnerable en tu infancia y seguiste siendolo ya de adulto, pero se que tu no tuviste la culpa de todo lo sicedido, te kiero por que fuiste algom muy importante en mi vida y me diste muchas satsfacciones, te recordare por siempre hasta el ultimo dia de mi vida, te amo, y hoy que es el dia de tu cumpleaños, kiero k todo el mundo sepa!, que tu eres el unico Rey, el ser humano, el padre, el hijo, y que nadie logrará lo k tu hiciste, te falto varios detalles en tu carrera artistica, cosas que ningun artista ha hecho, por que todos asi komo yo creemos que tenemos la vida garantizada por muchos años, pero no es asi, por decir algo, debiste haber hecho un disco con duetos insolitamente inimaginables, conciertos con estrellas de todo genero, presentaciones de todo indole, pero bueno, ya no hay mas de ti, tkm. que Dios te tenga en su gran concierto de todos aquellos que estan en el cielo.

te amo michael, te adoro y eres y seras mi unico idolo aki en este planeta, y la neta jamas ningun ser vivo, te olvidará, por el resto de la existencia humana.

• Elisa

commented on June 25, 2010 at 8:36 am

Love this!

• Brougham

commented on June 25, 2011 at 9:26 am

This is beautiful yall! Gracias!!

• Sally

commented on February 14, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Awesome, thank you so much. I wish you sold this as a poster, I would frame it!

We would love to hear your comments