May

Video: Mos Def “It Aint My Fault” at Gulf Aid in N.O

above: Photo by Cognito-Culture Capture Champ™

Mos Def performing the BP Rmx of “It Aint My Fault” during Gulf Aid in New Orleans:

(Video by: 2-cents)

+ Footage from the jam session the previous night where Mos Def, Lenny Kravitz, the Preservation Hall Band, Trombone Shorty, and Tim Robbins recorded “It Ain’t My Fault” to benefit Gulf Aid, a nonprofit created in response to the oil spill off the Louisiana Coast. Check out the video below and if you’re interested in donating to the cause, please visit http://GulfAid.org

This dude is the best!

Cognito - the 'visionist'

currently there's 9 comment(s)

• ezrakh

commented on May 17, 2010 at 10:13 am

excellent.

• Ella

commented on May 17, 2010 at 11:47 am

BIG up’s to 2-cent ent. on this collab…They by all means show up and show out….Check them out at http://www.2-cent.com!!! Glad to see frolab supporting too!

• visionist

commented on May 17, 2010 at 11:55 am

Much respect to 2-Cents for this fresh video clip. Salute to N.O

• Kataalyst Alcindor

commented on May 17, 2010 at 12:05 pm

Yo, I love Frolab but I know for a fact that no one but B.Mike could have shot this. He is a huge cornerstone in N.O.’s community and a master in documentary. No disrespect to the other guy but I just need ya’ll to give the man his respect. Much Love.

• visionist

commented on May 17, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Peace Kataalyst
    We got a rss feed about the post went to the site(2-Cents) and posted it.
    Big ups B.Mike and to who ever shot it. Just glad someone caught it.
    And thanks for checking Frolab. We gots mad love for the N.O

• mo stefgenfree

commented on May 17, 2010 at 7:03 pm

peace please. cuz we be trippn forgetting we mosta b uniting especially against greedy beings spreading misery like nothing. me=we ain’t playin wit love me=we got victory eternally shining so me=we praising while sum choose hating or even apathy. me=we showing livin lovin cuz while me=we prayin on me=we knees me=we knowin YAH not only hearin but answerin daily. It’s a waste to hide ya face cuz dair aint no hiding place. Cents i&i say wut me wants n t way, hope it ain’t scare A to feel me=we say: FUHget monet$ me=we want social equalitay fo errbod A in the world k? Oye b p p yall down wit G O D? well me we be. yea YAH know me. much love, mo steFinitely. to b continued…God willn. peace wit understanding.1!

• new york, la, london, new orleans, dallas,soweto,etc.

commented on June 5, 2010 at 3:11 am

Hey homie :) have you herd New York is Killing Me ny Gil Scot-Heron remixed with Mos Def? free download!!! hear and pass it on plz…lyrics= …ok yeah the dr. dont know, but new york was killN me. buncha doctors come around, dey don’t know dat new york is killN me. yea, well, i need to go home n take it slo, down in jaXson, tennessee.Lord have mercy on me(we)…{keep calling me well let’s c yall hearing? just ain’t fuh sing baby strengthening}ffffffewwwffffuu boogieman know…friday night gun fight, sunday style, nations of the planet on a marathon mile. hours up and down on dat nasdaq and dow, diamonds and thorns in the emperors crown, mickey d’s got em all kiln fuh these dudes, u aint got to ask q who got the juice?some read the time, scoot up closer, like the news. remember the seed son, da amsterdam too. white collar lowlifes chilling in the highrise, heavy traffic, cornerview. bedroom, pint size! you welcome! thata b a million dollars! see dat building right there? it aint gon b here tomorrow! see dat mansion right there? just opened up today! they building on something that was here since they traded slaves! POWERFUL LANDMARK N NATIVE GRAVE.(pntsuff) little fish, cash rule everyday!…living ain’t all it’s cracked up2b yea say me need2go home n slow down in jaXson tennessesee. city don’t sleep, all it do is: eat, pass gas, n pick fresh killa out his teeth. new nothing bitch yell, sparkling beats! u make a man fuh dead like a local police, but Ya wont dead me! Godwilln. sean bell, rest in peace. ma me say, save your soul, get out the streets! now, your, crazy, NYC. fly High, get Free! Lord have mercy, have mercy! on me(we) tell dem2 bury my body back home in jaXson tennessee. Need to be back home. born in chicago but i call home tennessee. Lord have mercy on me. need2b back home need2b back home born in chicAGO but iii…(y poreso dijimos: it’s bigger than hip hop!!!) ig, no rant?! ask quest ions. don’t stop, keep going…much love, mos definitely! 1. Lordamercy, peace <

• berger

commented on July 6, 2010 at 9:29 am

Chuck Love did a remix and video clip for IT AINT MY FAULT as well.

Go to chucklove.com to see the video clip.

all proceeds benefit gulfaid.org

We would love to hear your comments